Tuesday 26 July 2011

The week after wisdom teeth fun

So as soon as I got home I think I scared my mum half to death, she looked on at my face in horror. Okay so I was weirdly swollen to say it had just happened and was expecting most of it to come out overnight. I did have bits of blood on my aswell, struggled to speak and threw a glass of water down me trying to take a sip. It must be bedtime I thought..

I was feeling sorry for myself and this was pretty much the theme for the week. I went to bed and we put some tele on. At this point I refused to go to sleep even though the anaesthetic was working I didn't want to give in. I finally did. It was a restless night as the pain started to kick in after a few hours. I managed to sleep propped right up with about four pillows, took some pain killers and then tried to get a few hours kip more. I was awake fully for about 7am and decided to get up. Some how I appeared to be even more swollen than the night before and lovely bruising had started to come out.

I couldn't really manage to eat and still felt really sick from the anaesthetic. This went on for about 5 days. My friend came to visit me that first day and was shocked at my face (Nice ! :P haha) The days went by and I have to say I was pretty bored being off work and home alone. I wasn't supposed to be taking any time away from work and I ended up needing the whole next week off. I lost 9 1/2 pounds in 8 days - weight just seems to drop off me. Not when I actually want it to haha. So I was feeling pretty weak and was still bruised and swollen.

All in all I didn't expect the extractions to be that bad but I've heard mixed stories. Some people had same as me, worse or were completely fine afterwards. I think its because they were compact and one impacted though. I have got nerve damage and can't feel my chin still after 2 months. I'm hoping it will come back but its not the end of the world if it doesn't. The damage may get worse anyway after my actual surgery.

Here's a picture of me before the op:



Here's a picture of me after the op:


And a few days after:

No comments:

Post a Comment