Thursday 26 April 2012

Everyone is different

So I have been given the all clear to chew for the past two weeks now and it really is weird being told you can now go off and eat (more) normally! I asked my surgeon what types of things I should be eating and she was very vague indeed. She didn't say what pains I should/shouldn't be feeling, she didn't give me an xray before the all clear, she didn't give me a list of foods and she didn't give me/tell me to do mouth excercises either. So her I am just bobbing along trying to guess what is right! It is made even more difficult because for the past year I have been researching things and have participated in forums where you find out a lot about other people. sooo..... I feel myself measuring me against them. The problem is, we all have different operations, for different reasons, at different points in our lives, in different places, different surgeons who like to do things DIFFERENTLY... (get the picture????) This leads to confusion city!

A big part of me would worry less without the forum as I wouldn't compare myself but a big part of me would worry more without it as I wouldn't know if I were doing it right. For me I am just trying new things, trying not to push myself and trying to build myself up. I have read of people who were told at 6 weeks to start chewing but didn't feel comfortable with it so didn't really start chewing until the 12 week mark. It does feel uncomfortable but in my head that is normal and I need to learn to make it feel comfortable so unless told otherwise thats what I will be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment