Friday 16 March 2012

Day 14

Today marks exactly 2 weeks since my operation took place. I really can't believe this time 14 days ago I was in hospital. Words cannot even begin to describe how happy I am that part it over with now. After all the time to work myself up to it and stress about it, its nice to have it out of the way. Now I'm just overly obsessed with checking my reflection looking for changes. urgh :/

I had an appointment with my orthodontist today. He had a look at my bite and seemed really happy with the progress. He told me it must have been a bit scary when it didn't come together right. I'm glad he said this, because it was. I think a lot of the time professionals don't empathise with you as they see things similar all the time.

He decided the bands and formation were staying the way they are now and I was only to take them off to eat and brush my teeth. On one hand I was happy with this as the  thought of not having the security of them is scary. But.... they are painful and annoying to have on too! He clipped the very back bits of wire from my very back teeth on my braces. He said that this would help my bite find its own and the wire would be restricting it. Before I left I asked him how long he reckons the braces need to be on for now. He said we are still working towards the 6 months mark. YAY! I was worried that due to the complications with my bite this timeframe may have changed. So hopefully by September this year I will have the braces off! Looking to get my teeth whitened too. happy if this does all work out as I'll be turning 25 in October and my aim was to have them off before then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment