Friday 30 March 2012

food glorious food

So I'm still on a no chew diet but I have been able to eat soft foods for the last few weeks. I am fully banded shut but can take them off to eat. It was pretty much a nightmare at the beginning. My face was still numb and I slopped absolutely everywhere. I just stuck to the safe options of mash and porridge etc. I swear though the first time I tried to eat mash post op I thought I was going to choke. But honestly just stick at it, its worth it!

I have now started being more adventurous. At 3 weeks post op I hadn't had any meat for 3 weeks. I then tried a sloppy lasagne. I had a small portion and cut it up until it did not resemble a lasagne but OMG it was amazing! Last night I had a hankering for chippy chips. There is a chippy right near our house and you can smell it sometimes when you leave the front door. I picked out some really soft ones, cut the ends off as they were a bit too crispy, mashed them up with a fork and spooned them in. YUM! I felt like a real person again having a real meal. Off to my mum and dad's for tea tomorrow for more homemade sloppy lasagne. Heaven!!


Just two weeks until I can try chewing!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment