Wednesday 7 March 2012

Day one!

I didn't get much sleep over night at the hospital as it was too noisy even though I had my own room. Between that and them keep checking my blood and fitting new IV stuff I just snoozed on and off. I woke up at about 6 and decided to just stay awake as I knew the doctor was coming to see my at 7am. My boyfriend had paid for me to have the TV card and I made use of it watching a couple of films (dipping in and out of them) and some trash telly! All in all it really didn't seem too bad.

The doctor came at 7 to put on my bands. I wasn't going to be banded shut., he put about 4 on in the end and I still had a lot of movement. I felt around my mouth and it didn't feel like my bite was together which did concern me... a lot!!!  I was then supposed to be going down for xray straight after but they expected me to walk on my own downstairs and to the other side of the hospital which I said I didn't feel up to. This meant I waited about 2 1/2 hours for a porter. In this time the surgeon came round to check on me. He had a look at my bite and wasn't happy at all with it. This really freaked me out as he made out the operation hadn't worked (Which is what it felt like in my mouth!!) He said I needed to see my orthodontist so he could have a look at me and sort the bands out.





I went to see my ortho - SO embarrassing!! I had to go and sit in the normal waiting room with everyone else. Me in my pjs, bashed face with blood over it. Not great. The looks I were getting from people weren't great either! I saw him and he had to take off the bands that had been put on and re do them. He banded me completely shut.... ouch!! The bands didn't hurt when they were being put on, which I were worried they would. It was more the feeling of being fully shut and the pressure of my teeth against each other!

Quick note on hospital food - so annoying! They brought me a proper breakfast and I said I wouldn't be able to eat it and asked for a shake so they brought me one. In total this took me about 2 1/2 hours to finish using a syringe as I just didn't feel like it! They then brought me lunch.... chicken casserole!! By this point I was really struggling to speak as I had been banded fully shut! I managed to ask for a shake instead and she was not happy. She did bring me one though, not before telling me she would blend the chicken casserole instead (Eww!).

I then went down for xray - again they tried to make me walk down on my own. After this I came back up to the room and it was visiting time. I was looking forward so much to seeing my boyfriend after spending my time on my own there! He ended up sneaking in half an hour early and didn't get caught :) :) Whilst he was there a nurse came with my medication and said I could leave. I was SO happy!! He helped me get changed and then off I went home!


I felt so weak and the walk to the car really took it out of me. When I got home I was in pain and so started to take my concoction of medications I was prescribed. Within about half an hour I felt alright and was talking away! Then came the downer after the up! I was knackered. We lazed on the sofa and I drifted in and out of sleep for a good couple of hours.








No comments:

Post a Comment