Saturday 10 March 2012

Day eight

Today was the first day Marc was back to work and if I'm honest I really didn't want him to go. He has been so amazing looking after me and making me feel better. He is the only person in the world that can bring me out of any mood. My mum had booked some time off to help me out and so she was coming over later on to see me. I needed to go to the doctors this afternoon to get a sick note so she was going to drive me there.

I got up managed to have some ready brek for breakfast and got showered and dressed. My mum got here for about 11. We just chatted and watched daytime tele then had some lunch. I started to feel really rotten and had a splitting headache that painkillers weren't easing so I went for a lie down and left her to it.  When we went to the doctors he agreed with my surgeon that I would probably need at least a month off and signed me off for four weeks from the operation date. By this point I felt super rubbish! We got back to the house and my dad nipped in to see us on his way home from work! They stayed for a bit and got off back home. Then Marc got home and it made me super happy! Although soon after I started feeling rubbish again and ended up crying my eyes out over not much for nearly an hour. I just felt so emotional.

My friend came round at night see me which was nice - she came bearing gifts of milkshake and magazines! :)  For tea I was really adventurous and managed to have mashed potatoes with butter and cheese and salmon crumble (minus the crumble) It was so difficult to eat and at point I felt as if I was going to choke. By the time I'd finished it was stone cold. But it was worth it to have a different taste and texture after all this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment