Saturday 10 March 2012

Day four

Today was the first appointment I had my my surgeon! I now live about 13 miles away from where the hospital is. Its not the other side of the world but when you feel like this its daunting! My appointment was at 9.45 so we got to the hospital at about 9.40 - it took me so long to walk all the way up and I was clinging on to my bf! Stupidly we forgot to take any water. I sat in the waiting room for over an hour after my appointment time and they still hadn't called me in. it was so hot and I felt like I was going to faint :( In the end my bf asked them if it was time to go in yet as I was not feeling too good. I was honestly ready to just go home without seeing anyone.

After that they let me in not long after. I didn't see my surgeon but another one. I had spoke to him whilst I was in hospital and he was really nice. he asked how I'd been doing and talked to me about that then asked to see in my mouth. He seemed really happy with how my bite was coming along, because of the elastics. This made me feel like it was worth it. they called my ortho into the room who had a little look and seemed happy! I asked them about all the cracking and movement I could feel on my jaw and they said thats completely normal for the next six weeks! My bf then asked my ortho when the tight bands would be off and he laughed and said not yet... hmmmmm!

After i got home I was so tired from my adventures I napped on the sofa and watched tele! At night I started to lightly brush my teeth and one of my very front bands snapped off. I was devastated as I wasn't meant to be in the hospital again until thursday! I just went to bed and tried to forget about it. In the middle of the night the other front band snapped and woke me up :( grrr! Now the front of my mouth wasn't being held together!




No comments:

Post a Comment