Saturday 10 March 2012

Day seven

I had my 1st post op ortho visit today at 10am at the hospital. I went back over and luckily didn't have to wait long at all to see him. He seemed really impressed with how clean my teeth are (I thought I weren't doing a great job so this was good to hear) and he also didn't seem concerned about my bite being shifted to the left.

He said my bite is going to change every day so not to worry, just follow his instructions. He took out all the bands that were in and counted either 13 or 14 in total. He really couldn't believe the other guy had put so many in! I couldn't either!!! He asked me to open as wide as I could and then bite together a few times and then he put only two bands back on. He put them in a weird formation though so they covered 4 teeth each in total. he said he was going to show me  how to take them off and put them on as he wanted me to start eating very soft foods and to take them off to do so. (SCARY!) By showing me, all he did was give me a mirror and point to the teeth he wanted me to go to first then in which order. I just agreed! I asked him about relapse and he confirmed my case will be higher chance! :( lets hope I'm not the unlucky one that it happens to! Then he said he will see me next week!

After the appt I dropped in to see my mum for a brew - well Marc and her had a brew. I still can't handle hot drinks on my numb lip. It doesn't feel nice at all! We then went to the range to pick up something we had ordered but I was too tired so had to stay in the car. After going home and having a rest and lunc (still on complan as I wasn't feeling adventurous enough to take the bands off yet) I decided I wanted to venture out again. We went to asda to get the food in for the week. Everyone was staring but it just felt good to be out. I was so tired walking round I had to cling on to Marc and by the time it got to paying I had to go and wait in the car. It was worth it though as it got me out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment